Tuesday, December 22, 2015

'Tis the Season!

This is the week of Christmas and I am loving the spirit of festivity. It’s that time of the year when there are Christmas trees and decorations everywhere, and an air of cheer all around. The office wears a deserted look as most people are either working from home or are on vacation. I have an off for the whole of next week :)

Angel had a concert (*gulp*) at her day care where the children from her class performed on Jingle Bells. It was lovely to see the little tots sing the carol song. Yeah, I just got to know that it’s not a carol, it was not even meant for Christmas.

Here is Angel’s version. The link has the audio of her singing the song.
I love the way how the children sing the songs without getting bothered about the lyrics.

Angel got this in the mail. 




This is the first letter we got which is addressed to her! 

I also baked these beautiful (whatever happened to modesty!) candy cane cookies inspired by my friend Bhawna. Mine were the eggless version. Thanks B for the inspiration :)  The four cookies on the left most end were made by Angel, she rolled and twisted it all by herself. I think she did a pretty good job and she got better with every attempt!


Below are the gingerbread cookies decorated by Angel. She loved doing it as "The Gingerbread Man" still remains one of her favorite stories.


And finally, some of the most gorgeous Christmas trees amongst the many many more:



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :) :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year... Love to read your blogs... Hope the frequency increases in the new year..:)

Unknown said...

I am a fan of your baking! But now I am fan of your writing too! Keep it up!

Reflections said...

@Amrita: Thanks a ton dear :) About the frequency part-I hope so too!

@Naini: Thanks for your encouraging words!!