Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Different


Last week, while aisle hopping in the supermarket I came across this 


It immediately caught my fancy and this goes in the “Weird Different Exotic Foods I have Tasted” list. We tried it together – J*, me and Angel and we found the chili content in it quite okay – even by Angel's standard who I think was happy to just eat the chocolate without going into the nitty-gritties of it :P We could taste some spice towards the end of the bite.

Will I try it again? Maybe, I am not too eager for that because I like only milk chocolate and to some extent dark chocolate. However, I will let some time (and some chocolates) pass before I decide on that. Who knows, I might get addicted to differently flavored chocolates.

Talking about different food, I loved the paan ice cream and gulkand ice cream which I first tasted in Pune. I am not a very big fan of paan, so just tried it on a whim. I am not, for the life of me, able to recall the name of the ice cream parlor. It was located near my training center. I asked some friends too, but sadly, none of us remember the name. I have had these two versions of ice creams at some other places too, but none could match the Pune ones.

I come from Ahmedabad, a place where alcohol is prohibited and most of the people follow vegetarianism, so it’s not uncommon to find “Pure Vegetarian” restaurants, however when we found something like below, that was different in Toronto :)

It was owned and managed by a Gujarati. They just serve some pre-prepared snacks like samosa, kachori, aaloo tikki, pizza, khaman, jalebi, fafda and some other sweets. We tried everything other than the sweets which did not appeal much to our eyes. The food was strictly okay, but to get something like that here gave us a high :) Apart from that, the place had a lot of Guajarati farsan, Indian spices and condiments, needless to say we bought a lot of stuff. The other items had been devoured before I remembered to click the pics.




They even had multiple copies of Gujariati newspapers like Divya Bhaskar and Swadesh kept at their entrance for people to read and take along. I then got to know that they are the weekly editions that are printed for Gujarati readers abroad



So what's up different with you all ?

2 comments:

kinshu said...

That ice cream parlour was Shreeji Ice cream..:):)

Reflections said...

Finally, someone remembers!!
Do you know if that place is still there?